Become a better employer, increase the overall efficiency of your business: the effects of in-office acupressure therapy on employee wellbeing.
Sick absence can have significant effects on businesses in the UK, impacting productivity, financial performance, and employee morale. Here are some key effects of sick absence:
- Reduced Productivity: When employees are absent due to illness, their absence creates gaps in the workforce, which can result in reduced productivity. Other employees may need to take on additional tasks or responsibilities to compensate for the absent worker, potentially leading to increased workloads and stress. This can result in decreased efficiency and lower overall productivity levels within the organization.
- Increased Costs: Sick absence can lead to increased costs for businesses. Companies may have to pay sick pay to employees during their absence, which can add financial strain. Additionally, hiring temporary staff or arranging cover for absent employees can result in additional recruitment and training expenses. The costs associated with lost productivity and the need for overtime or temporary staff can accumulate, impacting the company’s bottom line.
- Disrupted Operations: The absence of key employees due to sickness can disrupt normal business operations. Critical projects or tasks may be delayed or put on hold, affecting deadlines and customer satisfaction. Additionally, the absence of skilled or specialized workers can hinder the smooth functioning of departments or teams, leading to inefficiencies and potential setbacks.
- Decreased Employee Morale: Frequent or prolonged sick absence can affect employee morale and motivation. Co-workers may have to shoulder additional work, leading to increased stress and dissatisfaction. This can create a negative work environment and impact employee morale, resulting in decreased job satisfaction, engagement, and potentially increased turnover.
- Impact on Team Dynamics: Sick absence can disrupt team dynamics and collaboration. When team members are absent, it can be challenging to maintain effective communication, coordination, and cohesion within the team. This can hinder the progress of projects and affect team morale, leading to decreased collaboration and synergy.
Introducing a certified medical device that specialises in acupressure and spinal correction is an effective strategy for promoting employee well-being.
Below are some of the advantages reported from client companies:
- Stress Reduction: Acupressure massage has been known to promote relaxation and reduce stress levels. By providing employees with access to an acupressure massage bed, they can have a convenient tool to help alleviate stress during the workday. Reduced stress can improve overall well-being and contribute to a more positive and productive work environment.
- Pain Relief: Many office workers experience musculoskeletal issues, such as back, neck, and shoulder pain, due to prolonged sitting and repetitive tasks. Acupressure massage can target these areas and help relieve tension, stiffness, and discomfort. Employees can benefit from the pain-relieving effects of acupressure, leading to increased comfort and improved work performance.
- Improved Circulation: Sitting for extended periods can contribute to poor blood circulation. Acupressure massage stimulates pressure points and promotes blood flow throughout the body. Improved circulation can enhance oxygen and nutrient delivery to tissues and organs, potentially boosting energy levels and reducing fatigue among employees.
- Increased Productivity: By incorporating an acupressure massage bed in the corporate office, employees have the opportunity to recharge and rejuvenate during breaks. Taking short breaks to use the acupressure massage bed can help improve focus, concentration, and overall productivity. Employees who feel refreshed and less fatigued are likely to perform better and maintain a higher level of engagement.
- Employee Well-being and Morale: Offering an acupressure massage bed as an employee benefit demonstrates a company’s commitment to the well-being and satisfaction of its workforce. It can contribute to a positive work culture, showing that the company values employee health and recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Such initiatives can boost employee morale, engagement, and loyalty.